Monday, March 23, 2009

The Mission

Hello, friends, family and all!

I have started this blog so that supporters of this missions trip will be able to see updates on the trip. I thank you all so much for your donations and prayers, they mean a lot to me. God has been so gracious thus far, and he continues to help me through the preparation for this trip.

The missions trip will be taking place July 4th -July 25th. The first three days will be spent at Liberty University for training and getting to know our team members. The team will consist of about 20 high school students, along with Missionary Mentors from college and Team Leaders. After the first few days of training we'll take buses into Washington D.C. where we will be doing lots of ministry with the homeless, along with inner city ministry and children ministry.

Why Liberty University? I plan on attending Liberty for a degree in Communications. During the month of October last year I visited LU during their CFAW (College For A Weekend) program. While visiting I met many students, attended classes and was able to experience some regular activities they had on campus. Since then I have decided to go on this missions trip with their missionary group (Xtreme Impact).

I will do my best to update this blog when needed. After the missions trip I will be uploading pictures and explaining some of my experiences I will have had.

God bless!

-Hannah Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment