I'm here in Costa Rica. It's so beautiful here and I cannot wait to post pictures. I only have a short amount of time on the computer since all 27 team members like to use the computer to check their facebooks, so I can't guarantee any more updates. I'll give you some short summaries of what's up.
- We went to a small slum village called Picario where we did a puppet show for the kids there and did games for them. It was an incredible experience and a great time to practice Spanish.
- We went to San Jose to experience the culture by eating crazy foods and looking at cool architecture.
- We went to a camp with a bunch of Spanish kids and learned about being recharged in our faith. We went through an obstacle course, went on a water slide, and we've played four-square A LOT. I've made some new friends, and hopefully been a good influence on the people who aren't saved.
- The place we're staying is a college campus, and no joke, it looks like a rain-forest with way too much landscaping wherever you look.
-We've been really, really wet wherever we've gone. We were all prepared for "hot Costa Rican weather" but we've been met with just the opposite. It starts raining here about noon, and it gets colder and colder as the day goes on. The missionaries here said that mornings are warm, so that's our only hope at pretty much all our clothes drying at this point. :p But it's been a great experience, and the team gets along great. :)
-We're going to another poor town this upcoming week, and who knows what else we'll be doing. We're going with the flow and being flexible. The last day of training camp Adam Bowers (the founder of XI) told us how to be flexible and instructed us to say "re-calculating" when something happens that we weren't expecting. Let's just say that we've used this phrase quite a lot on this trip, and I have no doubt in the world that we're going to continue using it in the very near future.
- So we've tried some strange foods. We've had beans and rice for breakfast a few days in a row, so that's been odd.
Time for worship, update later!

You will get use to the beans and rice. Its now something I eat quite often for breakfast after leaving Costa Rica! Don't you love the way Costa Ricans have worship service! Anyway, I have been praying and I look forward to seeing the pics. Blessing to Hannah and the rest of your team!
ReplyDeleteKat