Please pray for the Costa Ricans that the team will be ministering to, and pray for team unity. It would be a true blessing to show them we are Christians by our love, and this isn't always easy to do when people are out of their comfort zones, and they're being stretched in so many ways. This year my friend Julia was not able to join me on the trip, so I will miss having her with me. A long-time speech and debate friend, Chris de Blank will be joining the team, so there's a familiar face. And my first team leader ever, Sam Bowers, will be leading this team, so it'll be wonderful to see him again!
Another interesting note: my future roommate at LU, Colleen Hughes, will be on a trip this July with XI as well. She'll be going to the Bahamas, so I won't be on the same team, but I still get to meet her during briefing and debriefing camp! How neat is that?
I've been praying quite a bit for this trip, and it would be appreciated if you all would continue to lift up this journey in prayer. We will have internet access, but it must be shared by the team and the local missionaries. So I'll try my best to update, but no promises.
For those of you who are wondering where I'll be staying, here's what our missionaries told us:
Your team will work with partner ministries International Teams Latin America and Sonlife Latin America in San Isidro de Heredia, Costa Rica. You will minister in San Isidro de Heredia as well as in surrounding towns. San Isidro is located approximately 30 minutes outside of San Jose.
So I'll be off pretty soon. I'll let you all know how it goes if I can't get on till I'm back. Thank you all again for your support!
Adios,
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment