Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Getting Ready

Hello!

I have all the funds in for my mission trip to Costa Rica! I'm getting really excited. God has blessed me so much with friends and family who are willing to support me.

The only steps left are:
1. Keeping contact with my students.
Their names are Mason Cox, Leah Cowan and Dominique Lopiccolo. Please keep them in your prayers as I mentor them on their first XI mission trip. Leah and Dominique are still getting their money in, and God is the ultimate Provider!

2. Packing.
This process won't start until mid-June, most likely. The packing list hasn't come out yet, but it takes some time.

3. Spiritual readiness.
This trips are incredible growing opportunities, but they can also take a lot of energy out of you. Satan loves to attack out plans and schedules, but we can have faith and persevere. Prayer is such an incredible tool in the mission field. Last year, several of our team members fell sick with the stomach flu. After most everyone had healed, the last wave hit, and my friend Chris de Blank and I got sick. I first felt sick at about 4 in the morning. I wasn't able to go teach at a school that day. In spite of my illness, and missing out on my favorite activity, I prayed for my team and for the students they would be ministering to. The prayers had helped, and I was able to spend the entire day is God's Word, and in prayer. Spiritual readiness is realizing that what John 16:33 says is true, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world!". God is using a bunch of sinners to spread the good news of His Gospel to the world. God has an incredible plan for this trip, and I am praying for the wonderful experience we'll have.

Thank you again for your thoughts and support.

God bless,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment